We hopped the Eurostar from Gare de Marne-la-Valle – Chessy to London. The station is walking distance from the park. When you stay at a Disney property, you can store your luggage for a fee, but the best part is that they can also transfer it to the train station for you. We did that…just barely. We forgot about the lines in the lobby…at the registration and at the concierge. The cut off was 11:00, we got our bags in at 10:58 (Thank you Enrico!!) We spent some time in the park finishing up a few things mentioned in another post.

Now to the train. The last time we took the Eurostar, we trusted the website and arrived about 45 minutes before our train…that was a huge mistake because it too 45 minutes to get through border control. Luckily, our train needed to be replaced, so there was just enough of a delay to not miss it. This time, we weren’t taking any chances. We got to the station with plenty of time to spare, border control was swift and we were on board with an hour to spare…just fine by us!

Arrived safely in London, made it easily through border control, and guess who was there to meet us? By the way, did you know they don’t have rubbish bins in big stations anymore? We learned that as we carried our train trash all the way to our hotel.

Julianna met us at the train station and helped get us smoothly to our hotel, the Hotel Danubius, Regents Park.

We had a bite to eat at the bar then hit the hay. It’d been a long day.

The next morning, Jules had a lecture to attend (I’m a teacher and I couldn’t encourage her to cut it), so we headed off to Regents Park. In my three previous trips, I never made it here. It was a short walk from our hotel.

Our view from the Hotel Danubius. Regents Park is to the right.

Open air theatre (nope, not playing anything yet), Jubilee Gate, Japanese gardens, Queen’s gardens. All sublime even though the roses weren’t in bloom yet.

After Regents Park, we headed by tube to Covent Garden. Had a pint, bought a pipe, perused some stationery (Kikki K. – made a convert of Julianna!) Then off to tea at Fortnum and Mason.

However, before Fortnum and Mason is a bookstore that was established in 1797. To think, we were standing in a bookstore where Jane Austen would have been a new release!

Hatchards Booksellers. Image courtesy of Hatchards.

I did what I do best…knowing I can’t pack a bunch of books home (since we have a long way to go before we go home) I took pictures of the titles that interested me. These are only a fraction of what I found…yes, they deliver worldwide!

Tea was scrummy (Thanks, Mary Berry, for that word) but I didn’t get any pictures of the tea itself because my phone died. Here are some from F&M…home to only blue box I want!

That ended the first day, of course after hanging out in our room with Jules for a while longer. The next day we handled some post errands then set off for The Globe (of course we did.) We didn’t have a lot of time, and we kept missing our friends, so we hit the bookstore and the Swan for lunch. It was good just to walk in that space.

The end of this day saw a return to Paris for an overnight at the airport, citizenM hotel, so we could board a 10:00am flight to Munich. It was a unique hotel to say the least – narrow but functional rooms, great lighting, smart controls by iPad…a view of the Concorde.

Next stop, Munich! Sneak peak – I love Bavaria!

The best part of this quick trip to London was getting to see this girl:

She comes home in a few weeks after 3 years studying in London. Can’t wait to have her back and watch her take on the world!